18.104.22.168 192 168 1.1
Many users have a problem getting access to their router which is a big deal.
It’s almost because of typing the incorrect IP address.
The meant IP address is 192.168.1.1 .
What is an IP Address?
in short, it’s a network address for your computer so the Internet knows where to send you.
So, when you enter the IP address of your router, you get access to the web-based setup page of the router.
Note: 192.168.1.1 IP address is the default gateway of most wireless routers or ADSL modems.
Why would you want to log into your Wi-Fi router?
Once you access your router admin panel, you can adjust several options regarding: IP Qos, DNS, Proxy, LAN, WAN, network management, security options, WLAN settings, PPPOE, MAC, WPS, DSL, and DHCP client.
How do I access the web-based setup page of the router?
- Type http://192.168.1.1 manually into your browser’s address bar.
Note: The IP Address of the router can be changed by these factors:
- If you run the setup CD of the router
- If you change it on the web-based setup page of the router
If you forgot the IP address of the router, you can try one of these steps:
- Check the IP address of the router
- Press the Reset button at the back of the router for 30 seconds.
Note: This procedure resets your router to factory defaults.
Any settings on the router erased.
The IP address of the router will be 192.168.1.1 and the password is admin after you reset it.
2. Enter your username and password to login to your router.
Once you access the web-based setup of the router, you can rename your network, alter the password, adjust the security level, create a guest network, and set up or modify a variety of other options.
What to do if you forgot your router’s username and password?
- If you don’t know your username and password and you never changed it, try to find them in the label along with the router’s serial number and login address.
- If you changed your password and forgot it, you’ll have to reset the router or modem to factory settings.
Updating Security settings
There are Three different settings combine to provide a secure wireless network and they all can be changed from the router.
- All routers have a default password which you should change as soon as possible to avoid unauthorized access.
- Wi-Fi password – over time there are many reasons you might want to change it to maintain security and control over your resources.
- Security mode – always choose to employ WPA2 level at a minimum to maintain a secure network.